From small lakefront cabins to expansive homes in out-of-the-way locales, we specialize in safeguarding your prized vacation homes and seasonal properties.
No matter their age, value, or condition, vacation homes and properties often have more intangible value to their owners than their actual dollar value, which is why we find the best way to protect them.
What is Seasonal and Vacation, Cabin Home Insurance?
Vacation Home insurance from protects your seasonal or vacation home from accidental damage, liability, and loss.
Designed to be customizable, our policies include optional coverage to help you get the most value from your policy, while meeting the unique needs of your vacation home.
Standard Vacation Home Insurance Includes:
- Comprehensive Property Coverage: protects against most direct, sudden, and accidental physical losses that aren’t excluded in your policy.
- Named Peril Coverage: protects you from all perils – fires, explosions, lightning, wind, hail – specifically listed in your policy.
- Liability: provides coverage if you’re found legally responsible for accidental injury to someone staying in your vacation home, and protects you if that individual causes damage to your neighbor’s property.
- Actual Cash Value: covers the cost to replace or repair your damaged property. This amount is deducted for depreciation and is based on the current age and condition of your vacation home.
- Agreed Loss Settlement: covers the insured value of your seasonal home, minus any applicable deductible.
Optional Coverage for Your Vacation Home
Based on the nature of your vacation home, and how you use it, you may want to consider purchasing optional coverage along with your policy to include:
- Replacement Cost coverage on personal property.
- Extended Replacement Cost coverage, which includes up to 25% of the insured amount to replace your home (where available).
- Additional coverage for high-value items like jewelry, watches, furs, etc.
- Business property and liability.
- Higher liability limits.
Does My Home or Property Qualify?
In certain states, you can insure your vacation home with us even if your primary residence is insured with another provider. Get a quote online or call.
What Can I Expect to Pay for Vacation Home Insurance?
The best way to determine how much it would cost to insure your vacation home is to contact us or quote online. However, there are lots of ways to save money when you insure your seasonal home with us:
Depending on fire protection, fire hydrant, etc. Is factor in cost.
- Multi-Policy Discount – Purchase all policies from one company.
- Take pictures of outside and inside of home
- Map out fire station and response time
- Is there winter access.